Apostille247 Call Us
Getting married abroad
  • 4470
  • Admin
Getting married abroad

Congratulations, you decide to get married!!!!!

Getting married on the beach, in a castle, or atop a mountain in a foreign country is a dream wedding for a growing number of couples. But getting married in another country also involves some paperwork planning - not just to make sure the food and flowers are right, but to ensure that the wedding will be legal and you have all necessary documents.

Your step number one is gather and apostille all necessary documents. The first thing you will need a valid US passport and birth certificate along with any evidence of termination of previous marriage (divorce, annulment or death certificate ). The second thing you will need a document stating you are free to marry such as no record of marriage or single status affidavit.

Once you have collected all these documents, they need to be apostilled and translated into appropriate language. In most cases documents are only valid for six month, so do not start the process nine months before the actual wedding.

Please be advice U.S. embassy and consulate personnel cannot perform marriages in foreign countries.